Is Beauty Sleep A Thing? Yes! Follow These Good Sleeping Habits For Great Skin
There’s nothing better than curling up in our comfortable beds with out favourite pillow and comforter. And getting a good night’s sleep is also extremely essential for skin. No wonder, it’s called beauty sleep as well. And all the stress that we take during the day along with the pollution, ends up taking a toll on our skin. This is why we all need some good beauty sleep to allow our skin to relax and rejuvenate. But bad sleeping habits like binge-watching, doom-scrolling and staying up till late don’t help the cause. So, we spoke to celebrity dermatologist and founder of The Bombay Skin Clinic, Dr Batul Patel to get some deets on healthy sleeping habits and skincare steps to keep our skin happy and healthy!
Sleeping Habits To Get A Glowing Skin
1. Don’t Sleep With Your Face On The Pillow: We often sleep on our stomach which means that your face is on the pillow but this causes lines and wrinkles aka skin aging!
2. Keep Your Hands Off Your Face: Sleeping with your hands touching your face is not good for your skin as it causes pigmentation in the long run.
3. Pick A Soft Pillow: A hard pillow can be hard on your skin. Be gentle with your skin and pick a soft pillow that supports your neck and doesn’t damage your skin.
4. Stay Away From Cotton Pillowcase: We’ve all heard good things silk pillowcases and it’s totally true. Cotton pillowcase pulls and tugs at your skin and causes skin creasing. This is why it’s best to swap your cotton pillowcase for a silk one!
Also Read: Does Silk Have Hair And Skincare Benefits? Here’s What Happend When I Tried It
But Don’t Forget To Follow These Skincare Tips Before You Hit The Bed!
1. Don’t Miss Out On Cleansing: According to the dermatologist, it’s essential to cleanse your skin before sleeping. Removing all dirt and pollution by washing your face with a gentle cleanser is important as it helps unclog the pores allowing the skin just what it needs to repair and rejuvenate.
2. A Lymphatic Massage Can Help: A facial lymphatic massage can help de-puff your skin and boost blood flow which improves your complexion and helps your face relax. So indulge your skin in a massage every night before you sleep.
Also Read: 8 Brutally Honest Reasons Why YOU Cannot Sleep At Night
3. Do Not Drink Water Before Sleeping: We’re often told to have a lot of water if we’re unable to sleep. But having too much water just before you sleep can cause eye bags as it causes water retention in the undereye area.
Now, go get some real beauty sleep, y’all!
Bad Sleep Schedule? Doing These 8 Things Before Bed Might Get Your Sleep And Life On Track!
- Skincare Tips
- beauty sleep
- sleeping habits
- great skin
Janvi uses her pen to smash the patriarchy. Geet one day and Wednesday Addams the next. Writing is the bane of her existence and the object of all her desires!