Are You A Rocky Aur Rani Couple? Here’s How To Impress In-Laws From Different Cultural BackgroundsWe got you covered!
The trailer of Alia Bhatt, Ranveer Singh’s Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani dropped earlier today. From the looks of it, Karan Johar’s film revolves around the love story of 2 people from different cultural backgrounds. One Bengali and the other Punjabi and the from the looks of it, cultural differences come in the way of their love lives as their families don’t particularly like their partner. Are you also struggling with something like that? Well, you’re in luck because we’ve got some tips on how to impress your in-laws when you’re from culturally different backgrounds.
8 Tips To Impress Your In-Laws From Different Cultural Backgrounds
1. Ask Your Partner About Their Family: Knowing about your partner’s family goes a long way. Ask them if their family is modern or traditionalists so, you know what you can and cannot say or do before them.
Also Read: Ranveer Singh Admits To Having Different Wardrobes To Wear Clothes From When Going To Meet In-Laws. We Relate Max!
2. Learn About Their Culture: Don’t be ignorant of someone else’s culture. Learn about their dos and don’ts. Most importantly, learn what things you must absolutely not do as per their culture. Learning about their culture will help you greet your in-laws properly and impress them with your knowledge.
3. Be Respectful Of Their Culture: Even if you’re not a fan of how things work in their culture or you don’t agree with their beliefs, don’t be disrespectful. You wouldn’t want someone to walk in and be disrespectful of your beliefs no matter how old, rusted and orthodox they are. So, don’t do that to them.
4. Help Them Learn About Your Culture: Don’t just ask them questions about their culture but also take the opportunity to teach them about your culture. They may know what they’ve read online but only you can help them understand the nuances of it.
5. Steer Clear Of Cultural Debates: No debate is going to change their beliefs but it sure will change your life and make it tough if they dislike you. Keep your feelings about their culture and cultural beliefs to yourself and avoid any “healthy” debates about culture.
6. Don’t Set A Trend You Cannot Follow: Don’t follow traditions and do things to impress them knowing full well that you cannot continue to follow them for the rest of your life. Draw your boundaries and let them know if something is not your cup of tea. For example, do not keep a fast just to impress them when you know that you won’t be able to do it for the rest of your life.
7. Don’t Badmouth Your In-Laws Before Your Partner: Even if you dislike your partner’s family, do not go to your partner to complain. Learn to handle your relationship with them on your own without ranting about it to your partner.
8. Don’t Fake It Or You Won’t Make It: Never ever go overboard with trying to impress your partner’s family. Remember to always be yourself no matter what. This isn’t the place you want to fake it till you make it because trust me, in the end, you will lose. If you pretend to be someone you’re not to impress your in-laws, you will have to live the life of someone you’re not.
While it is important to impress your partner’s family, remember to never let them walk all over you or behave in a disrespectful manner. No one is allowed to disrespect you when you have been respectful and nice to them. And remember, it is important for both partners to impress their in-laws for a smooth-sailing relationship but this doesn’t mean that you have to be a doormat.