UP Budget 2023 Key Highlights For Women: Rs 4032 Cr For Destitute Widows And MoreUP's largest-ever budget focuses a lot on women!
The new financial year is just around the corner and states are busy presenting their budget for the year. Just a few weeks ago, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman presented the Union Budget for 2023 and now, on February 22, Uttar Pradesh finance minister Suresh Kumar Khanna has presented the UP Budget 2023. And it has several schemes aimed at uplifting women and empowering them. We’ve listed down the key highlights of the Uttar Pradesh 2023 Budget and all the schemes that are set to receive more funding from the government.
Key Highlights Of UP Budget 2023
– Rs. 1,050 crores have been allocated for UP’s Chief Minister Kanya Sumangala Yojana for 2023. Under this scheme, guardians or parents who have two girl children in a family are provided monetary assistance in order to uplift women.
– Rs 4,032 crore provision has been announced for government schemes to empower and support destitute widows.
– Amount of Rs 600 crores has been allocated for the Samuhik Vivah scheme for the marriage of girls from all castes and classes across UP.
– Rs. 150 crore has been allotted for the marriage grant scheme which aims to provide financial assistance to women from poor and other backward classes for their marriage. This also includes widowed women.
– The UP Budget 2023 has also allocated Rs 12,631 crores for the health programmes under the National Rural Health Mission for healthcare services.
– There is some good news for the students as well. Uttar Pradesh Finance Minister has announced Rs 3,600 crore provision to provide smartphones and tablets to students under the Swami Vivekananda Youth Empowerment Scheme along with Rs 60 crore for UP IT and Startups Policy.
This year’s Uttar Pradesh Budget has been one of the largest-ever budgets and aims to empower women and youth while improving infrastructure in the state. Considering the allocation of funds for schemes for women, it looks like UP women are going to witness a lot of change.