10 Not-So-Traditional Ways To Wear A Saree This Festive Season!
Come wedding season, apart from getting your eyeliner on fleek and keeping the lipstick from getting smudged, wearing a saree is definitely on top of our lists. Most of us need our moms to drape the whole 9 yards for us but they would definitely do it the traditional way, which involves handling a pallu or actually knowing how to pleat it. Let’s admit it, this is never easy. But say you are feeling a little brave and want to try something new. The best place to get all the inspiration you need for wearing a saree in a different way is from our celebrities. Here are 10 looks that our Bollywood divas are making us drool over this festive season.
1. Pair your saree up with a cold shoulder blouse. Having a high neck blouse brings the eyes up to the neck and the face.
2. Belt your saree up to accentuate your frame. Being wrapped in a floral printed fabric never looked this good.
3. Take a few minutes to figure out Shilpa Shetty’s look and appreciate it. Glam up a simple printed saree by cinching your waist and pairing with a collared blouse.
4. Pleats please! Sonam Kapoor looked stunning in her pleated silky saree that she made better with a cape! You could try this. A sheer cape could also work.
5. Saree gowns are a perfect way to wear the whole 9 yards without all the fuss that goes into handling it.
6. If a saree makes can make us look like we’re covered in glitter, then it is exactly what we need in our lives this festive season. A bejewelled sheer saree is perfect way to stand out from the crowd.
7. Ditch the paisleys and embroidered sarees with gold work. Opt for abstract prints in pastel hues for an outdoor event to stand out.
8. Who knew pants paired with a saree could be a thing? Kriti Sanon is making us want this in our festive wardrobe right now.
9. If you’re feeling risque, then go for this barely-there blouse with a sheer jewelled saree.
10. Denim on denim was trending this year, but this denim saree is giving us next level goals for the season.