5 Thought I Had About The ‘Looop Lapeta’ Trailer. Love That Taapsee Pannu Is Saving The Man In Distress!
I think you guys will agree with me when I say that Bollywood as an industry tends to put emphasis on quantity over quality. Who has the time for unique scripts and intelligent casting when the same old actors, characters and stories work? And because of this, I feel like a lot of the youth is somehow losing interest in mainstream Bollywood productions. However, thanks to the rise of OTT platforms, there is a creative space for creators to focus on unique storytelling rather than repeating the same old formula just because the box office demands it. One such movie trailer that captured my attention was Looop Lapeta which is going to be released exclusively on Netflix on February 4, 2022. Directed by Aakash Bhatia Looop Lapeta stars Taapsee Pannu and Tahir Raj Bhasin.
The trailer was released a few hours ago and already has 3,03,019 views. Having contributed to a lot of the views myself, I have a lot of opinions about this. Let’s talk about the brilliant thoughts I had when I watched the trailer of Looop Lapeta.
5 Thoughts I Had While Watching The Looop Lapeta Trailer
1. Taapsee Pannu (who plays Savi) has become the face of feminism and women-centric movies. I also love the element of switching gender roles to the woman saving the man in distress. And being the lead in Looop Lapeta. While I wouldn’t call the movie “feminist” in nature, Taapsee Pannu is clearly in the centre of all the action. Considering that there are not a lot of good female-centric action movies, I am into this one!
Also Read: Exclusive: Amrita Puri, Tahir Raj Bhasin Talk About Mahesh Bhatt’s ‘Ranjish Hi Sahi’ And Recreating The Golden Era Of 70s Bollywood
2. Tahir Raj Bhasin has finally been getting his due. With productions such as Ranjish Hi Sahi and Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein, Bhasin is being seen in a range of roles. And he has yet again proved himself in Looop Lapeta as he plays Satya.
3. Looop Lapeta is a remake of Tom Tykwer’s Run Lola Run. However, it also resembles the cult classic Groundhog Day and Netflix’s Russian Doll. It keeps showing the same 50 minutes in which Savi is supposed to save Satya and the choices she makes determines the results every single time.
4. However, the major difference I noticed between the trailer of Looop Lapeta and Run Lola Run is the comedic factor in the latter. Run Lola Run is a proper thriller while director Aakash Bhatia has added his own element of humour in the movie.
View this post on Instagram
5. The Looop Lapeta trailer sparked a lot of discussions. The release of the trailer has garnered reactions from the audience on every platform and everyone seems to be looking forward to it,
What a trailer! Excellent n so intriguing at the same time @taapsee as #Savi surely rocked ! Can't wait till 4th Feb. Surely deserved a theatrical release but Taapsee's cinematic brilliance is not limited to any particular platform! Keep rocking👍blockbuster loading #loooplapeta
— ARNO MAJUMDER (@ArnoMajumder) January 13, 2022
Is it a time loop film? Look like that. But trailer is interesting.
Definitely I shall watch this movie.
Your this film will be a huge success.👍🏻
— Sourav Ghosh (@DebprasadG) January 13, 2022
Looop Lapeta has clearly made a huge impact on the masses and even on me. The amazing cinematography combined with bright colours and amazing edits has the trailer trending. Moreover, who doesn’t enjoy watching a healthy blend of comedy and thrillers?
Looop Lapeta releases on Netflix on February 4, 2022.