This Bride Made Sure Her Bridesmaids Don’t Gain Weight, Get Pregnant Or Dye Their Hair Before Her Wedding. How? She Made Them Sign A Goddamn Contract
Weddings can be extremely stressful and the whole planning and prepping the extravagant affair can turn any happy bride into a bridezilla who is too a bit too much to handle at times. If you’ve ever been a bridesmaid, you’d know you are the first person to face the wrath of her stress and unreasonable demands. But that’s okay since you want to make her big day go as seamless as possible. However the million dollar question is- how far are you willing to go for your BFF bridzilla? If asked, would you watch your weight before the wedding? We are not making this up. A bride, in fact, drew up a contract for her bridesmaids to sign which mostly included bizarre expectations, or rules, we should say, that would make your jaw drop to the floor. I wouldn’t want to be her bridesmaid even if I was Katherine Heigl from 27 Dresses.
This woman who is about to get married laid down some pretty unreasonable terms and conditions for her 10 bridesmaids that they need to adhere to before and during the wedding. It is a list of 37 rules that forbids them to gain more than 3 kgs, dye their hair without approval, have drawn on eyebrows, wear lashes, coloured contact lenses, lip gloss or fancy manicure, give any suggestions to the bride unless it’s about a cheaper alternative to an item, and many more such crazy demands. I mean, I have met control freaks before but this is a little extra. What’s even shocking is six out of 10 of her bridesmaids actually signed the contract. Good for them, I guess?
She wrote out a Facebook post explaining why she came up with the idea of making the ‘bridesmaid duties’ a legal affair. She wrote, “I’ve read a lot of post about issues with Bridesmaids. I gave out contracts and it explained my expectations from beginning to end. I started with 10 ended with 6. I refused to be stressed. N I didn’t budge on any of it [sic.]” Inviting anyone who wanted a copy of the contract, she summed up the post saying, “Please put your email in the comments if you would like a copy emailed to you, to personalise.” I would want a copy but for completely different reasons. This is a list for what not to expect from your bridesmaids and become a (possibly friendless) bridezilla.
View this post on Instagram
Here is the complete list of rules:
- I will not try to convince the bride to change anything in her wedding
- I will not talk negative about anyone in the wedding
- I will not gain more than 3kg between now and the wedding
- I will wear only black or dark brown hair on the day of the wedding (highlights may be accepted with prior approval)
- I cannot wear any lashes the day of the wedding unless professionally installed
- I have to attend the bridal shower and bachelorette party, fitting and rehearsals and wedding (only time this can be missed is death or jail, pregnancy over five months and some sickness with recent doctor’s note)
- I will take care of my skin, hair and nails from now until the wedding
- The bride will choose my make-up artist the day of the wedding
- I will agree to wear the dress the bride chooses regardless of my own opinions, style or colour
- I will not wear any extra accessories, items of clothing or jewellery the day of the wedding except my wedding or engagement ring.
- I will not intentionally fall pregnant before the wedding. (Pregnancy under five months will not be excused from attending wedding events)
- I will support the bride in everything she chooses
- I will not consume more than seven units of alcohol during any even except bachelorette party (there will be no limit)
- I will not bring a date to wedding or reception without bridal approval
- I will not bring any outside people, except kids, to any meeting
- I will not bring my kids to the wedding unless they are a part of the wedding party (no exceptions)
- I will make sure I have an accountable babysitter the day of all events and I understand that no show for no babysitter will not be an acceptable excuse
- I will not make any advances towards males in the wedding party
- I will not date anyone in the wedding party that I wasn’t dating before I signed this contract
- I will be happy and positive at all times during wedding and reception
- I will not grow sensitive and angry with the bride because I understand that she has a bossy attitude
- I will not attempt to outdo the bride in any way
- I will wear the hairstyle the bride chooses for the wedding day
- I understand that I have to purchase my own dress and shoes and hairstyle for the wedding
- I understand that the bachelorette party may be a destination getaway
- I understand that I have to purchase a bachelorette party T-shirt and fund my own trip if it is away
- I understand that the maid and matron of honour will need help funding some of the events. The wedding and reception are not included
- I understand that the bride does not want any suggestion and this agreement is on here twice, two different ways because the bride wants it to be clear. Only suggestion allowed is a way to get her exact item at a cheaper price.
- I will not drop out of the wedding party for any of the reasons listed above. If I do not like anything listed, I will not sign the contract and I will be replaced. I understand that I do not agree to the above terms it will not ruin the bride and I’s friendship. But if I sign and agree and later want to drop out, then it will ruin our friendship
- I understand that no friendship to the bride is bigger than anyone in her wedding party and everyone will be treated equally
- I understand that I may have to do physical activity at the reception and this requires practices provided by the bride
- No coloured contact lenses allowed
- No black drawn-on eyebrows or thick drawn-on (matter of fact, revert back to make-up law above)
- No glossy coloured lipstick allowed (the kind that looks very , very shiny and bright)
- No colourful nails the day of the wedding. Only colours allowed are American, French or Nudes
- I will provide the bride with my normal seven-day schedule within five days of signing this contract.
- I will agree to save at least $50 a month for expenses for the next 14 months.
It’s actually pretty common for brides to make sure the bridesmaids don’t overdo her in terms of looks, but she goes on to attempting to control their personal lives too which is taking it a bit too far. One of the rules states that the bridesmaids “will not intentionally fall pregnant before the wedding,” and they “will not make any advances towards males in the wedding party” and they “will not date anyone at the wedding party.” That’s some well thought-out rules, but I still don’t get the point. How that would affect her wedding, again?
Although, she is brutally honest and unapologetically herself and it shows in one of the clauses where she admits that she is has a bossy attitude and we’ll give her that. She also makes clear that if any of the bridesmaids doesn’t agree to the terms and decides not to sign, it won’t mess her friendship with the bride but backing out after signing it might ruin their friendship big time. Maybe that’s why six of the bridesmaids still decided to give in to her demands and stuck with her because at least she is straightforward and upfront. Or, maybe they just didn’t have a choice.
P.S. We would love to see the prenup she got her groom to sign. Where can we drop our email to get a copy of that?
Also Read: This Guy Asked His Bride To Not Wear A White Gown Because She Isn’t A Virgin. Why Is She Even Marrying This Idiot?