10 Nude Lipsticks That Are Perfect For Indian Skin Tones
One of the most commonly-asked questions to a makeup artist is, “How do I choose the right lipstick?” And one of the biggest faux pas in the history of makeup is wearing the wrong shade of lipstick; more specifically, wearing the wrong nude! When one says nude lips, or no-makeup lips, they’re usually referring to lips coloured in flesh tones that look rather natural. But… we tend to forget that nude should be your nude and not someone else’s nude.
#HauteTip: Wear a nude colour or barely-there shade that is one or more tones darker than the colour of your skin and your lips. If you opt for nudes that are lighter than you or clash with your skintone, then either they’re not nude, or you end up looking seriously washed out.
Without further a do, here are 10 nude lipsticks that are made for brown girls!
1. This lipstick is a flesh-toned pink, without much texture. Perfect for that no lipstick kind of look.
2. If you’re thinking of going a little more skin colour, then this lip cream is perfect. It’s got peachy tones that really complement brown skin
3. If you’re into brown nudes, then this does the job. It’s got brown tones without being too dark, perfect to pair with a dark eye.
4. It’s pink without giving off a bold colour. If you’re opting for a dreamy day-time look with minimal lips, then here’s your best option.
5. If you’re one for bold statements, then this is the nude for you. It’s a sultry, neutral shade that provides near-full coverage for a shapely pout.
6. Cashmere sounds like a perfectly comforting colour and that’s exactly what this sheer, organic lipstick is. It’s for the days when you don’t want to do too much.
7. This is an old-school nude. It’s a little brown and a little-skin coloured, and reminds me of the lipstick my mom used to wear to work in the early ’90s. In other words, absolutely love it!
8. This one’s got shades of peach, pink, and salmon, all wrapped up in one. The matte crayon hardly requires any touch-ups.
M.A.C Lipstick in Spirit
9. The mother of all nudes, no one does it better than M.A.C. They’ve got a nude for every skin type and tone. This beige lipstick is rare — a beige that cancels out most colour on your lips without washing you out!
SHOP NOW: M.A.C. Lipstick in Spirit, (Rs 1,150)*
*Available in M.A.C stores across India
Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Heather Mauve
10. I mean, this one’s a no-brainer. It’s a total nude and Bobbi Brown definitely knows how to cater to multiple skin tones. It’s a medium coverage colour that I would recommend for anyone that loves lipstick!
SHOP NOW: Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color in Heather Mauve (Rs 1,900)*
*Available in Bobbi Brown stores across India